View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Well, I was never tested, but my doc has presumed it to be GERD resulting from MS and has me on Nexium as required. I also take Gaviscon, almost daily. Both of those help my symptoms, depending on what they are.

Spicy foods (mexican, italian) and big meals are not good for me. Also, I have to eat many hours before I lay down, or it seems to want to come back up.

Most often the sensation is burning, full right up to the throat, or gassy . . . but I have had it bad enough that I swore I was having a heart attack. On one occasion I parked myself in my doctors office for a couple of hours before my appointment because I figured I was going to die at home alone. On another occasion I went to ER too . . . and I am not usually a person that worries too much.

Having said all that, I am now undergoing testing for some stomach issues, which may be the underlying cause anyway. I should know more by the end of the week . . .

Cherie

Hi,Cherie
Well in the ER they did blood, a EKG and took 3 xrays one of my chest and 2 stomach and that was it so I really did not have a specific test.The doctor said he thinks that's it's GERD,I will see my primary doctor next tuesday and will ask her further questions about it. Btw way how is GERD and MS related I didn't know they were. The ER doctor gave me a prescription for Pepcid 20 mgs tablets and Donnatal for abdominal cramping and calms the nerves. I'm alittle leary of taking the Donnatal because it envolves the nerves.) Well,Cherie good luck with what you find out this week. Kristi

Started Copaxone 10/16/07

3-6-9 the goose drank wine the monkey chewed tobacoo on the street car line the line broke the monkey got choked and they all went to heaven in a little row boat...
Kristi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-10-2008)