Thread: Noise
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Yep...very very sensitive to noise here.

I live with my parents, and both of them are becoming hard of hearing. I'm constantly turning their tv's down...constantly asking them to use their "inside voices".

When we go to a restaurant, if there are any small children around (small as in, anyone younger than 16) I can sometimes barely stand it.

Went to a chinese restaurant last night, place was so quiet...until these two women showed up with their kids. The waitress just HAD to seat them directly next to us.

Immediately the four year old starts screaming....the women were saying "oh, isnt he cute?". (I'm holding my ears, wondering if they're bleeding and trying to not be rude and asking them if they could duct tape the kid's mouth shut.

Then the little baby starts to scream (I can excuse babies screaming, but not four year olds) That scream was no where near as irritating and migraine inducing as the older kid.

Isnt four an age where you can ask a kid to not scream?

I dont mind loud music all that much, but loud tv's, loud people, and my mom humming (the off tune humming of the insane) are all noises that make me want to stab myself in the ear with an icepick.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-10-2008)