View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Orthomolecular medicine might be worth a look

From http://www.orthomolecular.org/
"Orthomolecular medicine describes the practice of preventing and treating disease by providing the body with optimal amounts of substances which are natural to the body. "

We are told that we get plenty of nutrients in our food and everything is wasted so get it out of our silly little heads. And don't ask questions.

An MD trained in omm may be a little hard to find but it might be worth looking. One vitamin can ruin your whole life if you:
1) Don't get enough of it in diet;
2) Lack the proper gastric environment to process it;
3) Lack the proper transporters to move it around;
4) Lack the proper enzymes to do what mst be done;
5) Lack the proper co-factors needed to do its job;
6) etc etc

Any one of these and a dozen more can do you in and medicine will never know. An omm tries to find the problem earlier in the process. Radical concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
I have a lot of PD symtoms and they appear to me to be levodopa responsive. But a movment disorders spec. from U of Miami recently saw me and noticed that I mostly have trouble with my legs and trunk, primarily my thighs and I cannot straighten upright. I have now found that I get some relief from clonazapam very quickly and for some time on just .5 mg. My DBS is not as effective. I dont really get muscular tone relief from it I get relief of dyskinesia when I try to take lots of sinemet to get "on". MY father had been diagnosed with stiff man's and he could only get relief from valium. He died rigid in bed and unable to swallow. It affects your axial or center (trunk) muscles. skeletal and then later the respriatory and swallowing. It is estimated at 1 in 1,000,000 but there are no know genetic connections. I wonder with that few occurrances how can you study it. Any help thanks.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote