View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Barb, I really don't blame you one bit.

To be honest, I was very scared to start on LDN, and I purposely avoid most drugs and fillers too. I have allergies to many, many things and sensitivities to even more. I have never gone into full-fledged anaphylactic shock, but I have felt the closing of the throat starting before I escaped the obvious allergen or got treatment. Most of my other allergic reactions I have been able to manage with Benadryl, or I recognized the reaction before I became too sick, i.e. tetracycline, codeine, gravol, generic ibuprofen, etc.

You have been on heavy-duty drugs, some of which most people (even those without known allergies) are treated for a potential reaction before they ATTEMPT to try the med.

I started LDN at a higher dosage then I would recommend someone with a history of allergies try. If you decide to try LDN, my suggestions would be:

- sit in the lobby of the hospital, with a friend, the first few times
- start out at 1.5mg
- get your rx compounded as liquid, made out of the PURE Naltrexone powder

I use the liquid, and all that is in it is Naltrexone, distilled water, and a flavoring that is compatible (and I have used prior). The only thing that could have gotten me was the drug, if I was allergic . . . and I had NO problems what-so-ever.

(NOTE: if you opt to go this route, I would want to give you further tips before you get it rx'd/filled)

You are very unlikely to have a problem, even with the capsule & fillers normally used, Barb . . . but because of your history, of course you should take all necessary precautions.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-10-2008), Kitty (09-10-2008), SallyC (09-10-2008)