View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 02:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Do any pain medications work on your headaches?

Hi everyone! I am a newbie to these forums. I have been suffering from a host of strange and debilitating symptoms for over four years, without a diagnosis. Until recently that is. After being shipped around to every "ologist" there is... a 2nd Neurologist suspected ACM1 based on my symptoms, ER reports, etc. She personally reviewed my brain MRI from 2004 that was labeled "normal" and discovered a tonsillar herniation!!! So she has sent all of my records and films to the Chiari Institute in NY or NJ (I forget where as I'm new to this) for them to review and offer a 2nd opinion. In the meantime... I was wondering if there is any medication that actually works to relieve the headaches and neck pain? Due to my non pill-popping nature... the only meds I have tried or currently take when things are BAD is Motrin 800 and a migraine med called Midrin. The Motrin doesn't really help, Midrin does, but only for a short while The ONLY thing that helps alleviate the pain and discomfort is a combination of Motrin and the muscle relaxant Flexeril (10mg). Which I can't take unless I am able to be in bed as it knocks me out. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Alidocious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote