View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We not only got to go on vacation...we got an extra day/night free!! The guy asked me how far we were from the island, and after I told him he told me to leave that day.

We had a great time and caught 52lbs of fish...mostly drum and sheephead...and one lil ole spot tail. I caught several angel fish, but I don't keep those...

NO, JMiller, I didn't bite the heads off...they have very huge heads and teeth. lol It rained one day while we were there, fished off shore one day...fished off the pier two days. We were less than 700 yards from the pier.

No one was there...people cancelled vacation because of the storms...we had the pool, tennis courts and parking lot to ourselves. I saw maybe three families besides us and they only stayed a couple of nights left.

I shopped, tried out a few restaurants, took my DIL to ones she's never been to and shopped, and read, and shopped...
This was actually the cheapest vacation I've ever been on and we did more on this one and than any others. Dollywood, tourist traps have always been done in the past...this was buy your food, cook it up and who ever clean up.

It was great...wish all of you could have been with me!!
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
who moi (09-11-2008)