Thread: Diet Coke
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Diet Coke

Hi all,

I am doing ok still, but I need some advice on this product. My husband bought a case on sale and brought them home. I have been drinking 2 cans 350mL, a day. I am no stranger to diet coke, I have drank it all my life... but in lower quantities. I have been drinking it every day the last month and a half & often 2 times a day. I have had a suspicion that it's causing me some harm lately. Yesterday after drinking a can I started feeling dizzy. The other day right after I drank a can I had a bad headache and my dysautonomia started acting up, after being at bay for months. I also notice that I am really craving the stuff. I don't know if it's the caffeine because I don't drink coffee, or the aspartame, or the carbanation that I find so irresistable. Needless to say I have become addicted. Today I am only drinking bottled water. I had a very bad night last night of very active nerves after I drank a can.

I read alot about aspartame,but I don't know how much is fact and how much is drama. I wanted to know if anyone else has had any similar issues and also what opinion you have on the stuff.

I don't smoke or drink alcohol anymore. Nor do I indulge in food. The diet coke seems to be my one last human indulgence.Also suffering from PN, I am not certain if these things wouldn't have happened anyways.

Please... any thoughts?

Thank you,
Aussie
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote