View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaV View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was hurt on the job 3 years ago, had ulnar nerve moved in my right arm, several months in physical therapy, cortisone injections, desensitising, more therapy and now I had my first Stellate Ganglion Block (SGB).

I have some relief from the block, but not a lot, less burning pain until this afternoon and it started back up. Have some muscle spasms and can not sleep very well at night, but that is nothing new, hand and arm is ice cold and purple mottled again. The doc that did the block said my arm would get warm but it didn't, it went colder by about 5 degrees. What does that mean when that happens?

I have seen so many different doctors and been diagnosed with the RSD by 2 of the workman's comp IME docs.

I have to go back and see the current doc that ordered the block this Friday. I am scheduled for 2 more the next 2 mondays. I really hope these blocks do more than what this first one did.

I have read some of others posts on here about the blocks and different things that have been done, but I am still not convinced this is the right thing. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know of any doctors in Louisville, ky that are good with RSD?
Hi Tina, Welcome to NT. So sorry you have RSD. Ulnar Nerve Surgery is a surgery that RSD follows many times. The blocks do not cure RSD, but bring pain relief to some, different lengths of times. I got RSD following surgery, but wasn't diagnosed for several years, now have had it 12 years and full body. Started with frozen shoulder. I would like to encourage you to read as much as you can--- the stories and introductions here. Most of us knew nothing about RSD before developing it. Many, many Drs. have never heard of it either. Some Drs. do not like to treat WC patients or RSD patients, they can just choose to refuse to see you. I'm not saying this happened to you, but it happened to me twice. RSD affects circulation, blood pressure, high and low, short term memory loss, bone loss, mobility, I have both burning symptons and cold limbs. High blood pressure and sudden drops to low blood pressure. It is important to have an experienced RSD Dr. and I believe an anethesiologist usually performs the blocks. The not sleeping at night is really difficult. I know it's common among us, not sure if it's the pain, meds, or just part of RSD. I know I have very bad headaches, almost daily. Believe they are from the RSD. I read recently on this forum the headaches follow an injury or surgery on the shoulder or arm. Many of us end up not being able to work, especially if not diagnosed and treated within the first year. I certainly don't want to discourage you, but we run into so many difficulties, we never expected when we start down this road. Hope for the best, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote