Thread: Your 9/11 Story
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

I will be lighting my candle in about an hour and a half, I burn a candle every year, under my flag that is flying, all the time, the morning of this horrific event, I was running late to work, and on the way to work heard on the news radio about a unidentifiable airplane crashed into the tower, so figure ok eventually a plane is gonna hit these tall buildings.

by time I got to work the second plane had hit, I knew it was deliberate, and as I entered work I told them to turn the radio to the news station they all told me to shut up then I kind of spoke in a loud voice new york is being attacked, could hear a pin drop, so they changed the station and we all got our routes together fast per orders and hit the streets. needless to say all radios were at news stations.

about maybe an hour or so into my route I was doing that day, one of the customers I talk to a lot came out tears in his eyes and said the buildings are trashed they are gone. ok well I was one who did not have a radio(which changed after 9/11) so I had no idea but what a few customers said here and there and what they were saying I could not comprehend, mean while my mom and deb went and got all 5 kids out of school,

which seem to be what all parents were doing around here because there were rumors of them attacking Chicago area, all of this I was unknown to me cause i did not have a cell phone or radio. finally finish and had noticed how quiet it was, there were no planes... and my area of delivery was somewhat close to Ohare airport..

it was an eerie silence. finally get to my moms house cause I had a message at work, to swing by there and get deb and kids. well I walked in to my moms house and saw on here tv the second plane going into the building like a hot knife in butter and my knees buckled and I hit the floor never in my wildest thoughts did i think it was like this,

I figured they hit the building and fell to the street,then they showed the buildings pancaking down to the ground I was in tears, I had no idea of the complexity of the situation, god help all those souls, now and forever may he also bless those left behind, from this horrid act of ignorance

oh god I forgot about something the pentagon deb has a cousin who works there and it was 3 days after b4 anyone knew if they were alive, him and his girl had gone hiking and camping with out cells and such, nature lovers, and it wasnt until they got in a local store in a small town they saw a paper and freaked and made a ton of calls from there, deb was going nuts, him and her grew up together, she was a very elated person a few days later when I came home from work, telling me her cousin was alive

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

Last edited by weegot5kiz; 09-10-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: cause im an idiot
weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-11-2008), ewizabeth (09-10-2008), GladysD (09-11-2008), Ivy2 (09-10-2008), Kitty (09-11-2008), Nik-key (09-11-2008), Twinkletoes (09-11-2008), Vonn07 (09-11-2008), who moi (09-10-2008)