View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh8899 View Post
About two years ago i received a ECT and clozeral combination for a serious depression i was experiencing. as a result i was totally out of it for months i seemed to appear better at time cause of this sort of artificial high that these "treatments" created. i have lost a ton of memory (long term-short term) and simple everyday tasks such as boiling water for pasta i have found to be extremely difficult since the treatment--- loss of cognitive skills too. strangely enough i feel empty headed (no conscious thoughts running through my head) and i have lost the ability to visualize images in my head ( i thought in pictures) --- i feel like a totally different person and this is very stressful to me. it also angers me that i wasn't given all the info on the risks.

if anyone has experienced ECT and have had similar side effects or has any advise on how i can recover please comment.... thanks...
Yes; I had the same problems from ECT and more. I have lots of visual-spatial problems. Had RUL ECT but at a high charge. I feel like a totally different preson too, and I have all sorts of cognitive problems. So far neuropsych testing shows significant problems with concentration and attention. I am now very distractible. I had olfactory hallucinations right after I shopped--constant horrible odor of burning wax and smoke.

I have Chiari I malformation too as well as GERD and sleep apnea and lots of pain in neck and back and it goes on. Some of this is from the chiari, and some from the ECT. Hard for me to sort out, but I am now seeing a neurologist and will complete neuropsych testing.

Zeba
Zeba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote