Thread: Your 9/11 Story
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Unfortunately. because I live in Brooklyn, NY, I know too well and up close about 9/11. I have friends who lost children that day. They have never recovered from their loss. Some became alcoholics, some never found their loved ones.

It was one big mess.

Alan and I were at our usual breakfast place. It was about 8:45.
There was a tv in the place. About 20 of the customers left their tables and we were all standing in front of he tv. We all thought that a plane hit the tower by accident.

But when the second plane hit I remember saying "Two planes?? this is no accident"

We drove home, turned on the tv and watched (as the rest of the world watched). Alan had an appointment at Coney Island Hospital that day for an accupuncture session. We phoned the hospital and said "are you still seeing people?" and we were told "come on in"

So we got in the car and drove past the parkway where we saw the large trail of smoky debris that floated up in the sky. It looked like when an atom bomb went off. We were going "oh my god, oh my god".

We got to he hospital and we were met by teams of police and guards with weapons. I said "what is going on?" and the female officer said "what do you mean what is going on, we are at Code Red, we are at war, go back home".

I never felt so helpless in all my life.

Oh, the night before, we all sat outside (like many neighbors do on summer nights, when it's warm).
We were about 20 of us. My friend came around the corner walking her door. We all ran to her and said: "come join us". She just looked dazed and said "They can' find my son, he was painting the roof of one of the towers".

We all ran to her to console her (because we didnt' know the full impact of what had happened on the first day).

Well, she lost her son and many of my neighbors lost their children because many of them were either firemen or worked at Cantor Fitzgerald.

And the next morning, on ALL our cars and window sills, there was this white powder covering everything. We all ran back in and closed our windows and stayed put that day.

We see the lights at night that they beam up to the sky, once a year.

I just wonder why they haven't built anything yet. It's been 7 years.

How sad.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-11-2008), ewizabeth (09-11-2008), GladysD (09-11-2008), Ivy2 (09-11-2008), Kitty (09-11-2008), Nik-key (09-11-2008), Vonn07 (09-11-2008), weegot5kiz (09-11-2008), who moi (09-11-2008)