View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 08:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Loretta,

Thanks for responding. I do a whole lot of reading and learn as much as I can and try to find things that help. I have been fighting it and will continue to fight. It does take a lot more out of me than I want to give, but I keep trying. I do not have a large support system, so I really feel like I am fighting it all by myself. But, I keep going.

I lost the job I had when I first got hurt, because I could not do what I used to do there. Now I have a job and I have several days that it is very hard to do anything, much less get out of bed, but I pull myself together the best I can and go in and do the best I can. The job I have now is in a small company and they are very compassionate and understanding and have been a Godsend. I really do not believe I could handle working anywhere else.

The block I had on Monday worked pretty good and relieved some pain until yesterday. Now it has come back with a vengience. By the time I got home from work, I could not hardly move and last night I could not even unzip my purse without a whole lot of pain in my shoulder and my down into my hand. I guess I will have to believe that the next one will work a little longer and see what happens. I go on Monday morning for another block. We will see what happens.

The hardest thing it finding treatment and finding anyone who knows anything about how to treat my problems. I have been to 8 different doctors since this all started, not all were for the RSD, and all of them, except for one, has been chosen by the W/C insurance company. The doctor I am currently seeing, I have seen one time and he asks me a question and when I start to explain he said, "too much information, I don't need every detail.", and he was on and off the cell phone more than he was talking to me at my first visit. Well, I know he is busy, but I need help and he is the doctor who thinks he can help me, but I don't feel he can really help me if he does not listen to what I have to say. I am really about to go crazy trying to find a doctor who will just listen to me. What should I do? I can't just keep letting him treat me if he doesn't listen to me, should I?
TinaV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote