View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face for what it is worth...

I had the majority of my vertigo attacks long before my feet
"went". (the hypo thyroid seemed to really kick in at around 30).
I am almost 62 now.

I had two within 2 yrs of delivering my son. One was triggered by a test I had 2 mons after delivery. They gave me 4mg of dexamethasone to measure my adrenal functions, and the day after that I had a huge vertigo attack. That one was a real bummer with a preemie to take care of.

The one connected to Glucophage lasted almost 6mos...the worst was in the first week. It took me a while to link it to the drug, and once I ended it --the dizziness slowly went away.

Sometimes at night now I get dizzy in bed. I often wonder if that is my blood pressure medication? (I take it at night).
But that terrible vertigo, where you cannot even walk I haven't had now in several years...knock on wood!

I never connected my ear problems to neuropathy. But I suppose there may be some connection because of the hypothyroid issue which also causes PN.

So I wish you luck...it is just very hard to isolate things medically sometimes.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (09-25-2008)