View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was surprised when she told me tonight. At first I was like, "wow, that's kind of weird..." and I thought it was funny (in an ironic way) for maybe two minutes, until I remembered how stressed my aunt was over it all.

Now I'm mad. From what my aunt told me, that girl seemed awful proud of what she and her brothers did until my cousin informed her that it was her house she was stealing from. I dont know how my cousin kept herself from going off on her. (maybe the fact that the girl is married to a friend of her husband's, and the girl is pregnant right now)

I did stupid stuff when I was a teenager too, but I never harassed a new widow by stealing things and vandalizing property. I'm not sure if it was the entire school that was doing this, but there were enough kids involved that I guess letters were sent home to parents about it, and the entire school was collectively warned to knock it off.

I hope the people who bought my aunt's house arent suffering from the same harassment. (the house was on a corner lot of a busy street, and was a bit prominent in the neighborhood...it was basically a ginormous deck with a house attached to it)

I am actually hoping tho, that when this girl talks to her brothers, that maybe they can tell what happened to some of the yard art. I doubt that my aunt will ever get it back, but I would at least like to know what they did with it.

I actually found a piece of rock ("small" piece of stone that weighed about 80-90 pounds and was in a shape that's extremely difficult to lift or move safely, that my aunt brought from her hometown...not a stone that's found in our area) in the yard of a house about 5 blocks from my aunt's house. She never did anything about it, but whoever had stolen it had placed it in the middle of their yard. It was obvious it was my aunt's stone. They'd broken it partially when they stole it, and I'd kept some of the pieces that chipped off. They matched the rock that was in that person's yard.

My aunt seems to attract morons who like to break and steal her stuff. A former neighbor who lived next door to where we live now, stole things out of my aunts garage, stole stuff from her backyard, broke cement yard art that was too heavy to move, and would also vandalize my aunt's flowers. Heck, she even allowed her dog to run loose, and that dog broke into my aunt's house TWICE and attacked her pug. (the pug ended up with nerve damage from the two attacks and slowly got worse and worse. She was put to "sleep" in March. I still want to go smack that woman for being an irresponsible dog owner)

That woman moved away (divorced her husband and packed up and left) but the scary thing now, is that woman has now remarried the ex, and has moved back in. I told my aunt to keep her doors locked and her garage door closed.

I dont know what it is about my aunt that she seems to attract whack jobs that will sneak around and steal things and vandalize property. My aunt seems to have really bad luck.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote