View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 11:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It's getting to be that time

About 3 weeks left before we leave for Mayo. I've bought winter fuzzies to take with me, new winter boots (found some that fit), and started training the dog sitter. She came the first day and was introduced to the pups on neutral territory (the living room) she started talking to them and after they seemed willing to approach her, she offered them a treat apiece. Wonder of Wonders, they did not eat her!!! They barked a little then followed my husband back into their part of the house. It went so much better than I expected. Now we will see what happens when she walks with him back to their part of the house. I've decided not to say anything. She is very good with animals and not afraid of them, so I think it will work out.

I think all the details are worked out.I've given Liza Jane my iteniary and my cell phone no. so you can all keep up with me. I will have a laptop with me so I will be able to check in and let you all know what is going on and ask questions if I need to.

I called Mayo this week and spoke to the appointment desk in neurology. They told me that the doctor's secretary was handling this case. And transferred me to her. She said he had me scheduled for 3 full days of testing and used the term, 'you are booked solid". I asked her what tests. She started rattling off the tests and I recognized most of them. Some I didn't recognize. Oh and they are looking at my eyes too. And she said other tests may come up as we see what is going on with your tests.

So right now it looks like I don't know how long we will be there. But I'll be in touch with LizaJane at least and try to post on the board if I am able to.
But I'm thinking I may need some Dove bars to make this trip. Oh and some peanut butter cups and yes LizaJane, maybe an apple flavored martini. You only live once. I figure I better start eating gluten since that is one of the tests that will be done.

It is just going too fast....so much to do.
Love to all,
Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote