View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Chronic Inflammatory Demylinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)

Well here goes on my first post in any forum anywhere; so if I make any glaring procedural errors please feel free to correct me.

This thread is the most comprehensive and useful discussion I have come across in ten years - possibly because I am always doing stuff and research for other people which is actually what brought me here.

I was diagnosed with CIDP in England in May of 1999 and since then I have been taking Prednisilone (Prednisone in the US) I have little doubt that it was alcohol related as I spent 25 years as an aviator in the Royal Navy - and you drink! Particularly after an arrested night landing on the small decks that we had then!!

So I have been diligently taking my 15mg of prednisilone daily and trying to go lower. It appears there is no alternative for me although I am thinking/hoping that the knowledgeable MRSD will jump in and say "Just a minute!" Yes, of course I have developed the inevitable prednisone related osteoporosis and stomach and weight issues; I am waiting on the cataractsin due course!

But what brought me here is my research in the last two days into Human Embryo Stem Cell (HESC) therapy for my T12 paraplegic mother-in-law. During my surfing I found a blog from a lady with CIDP who is undergoing stem cell therapy in China. I have still to examine that further for results but wondered if anyone else may have looked into this as my fingers and eyes are getting tired from all this PC time and I need to go out to repair my tractor and utility cart for a while.
nitro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote