View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Gromlily

Gromlily

Smile Trix...

Don't panic Hon,

It is not unusual for you to begin to feel some symptoms return, or new and unusual pains. Some of them are from the healing process. Some of them are from the surgery it's self.

Just continue to do exactly what your Dr. says, and don't push your self. If you feel tired, rest, sleep or what ever you feel your body is telling you to do. It has been under a tremendous amount of change and will require a considerable time to heal.

Just be sure to stay calm and relaxed, because stress really affects your pain levels and the healing process.

Are you taking your meds. on time?? Sometimes, if you are late this causes you to have break through pain. Be sure to stay hydrated, and warm!! Coolness can start the aches and pains.

My elbows were hypersensitive after surgery, for what ever reason and I got some gel pad elbow shields to wear from the P.T. That helped considerably.

Before that, just the touch of the sheet to my skin was painful!! Now I am fine and don't need them. So don't worry... I know I did and it was all for not!!

I have to be honest and say that I didn't really start to feel better until after 6 months...I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary since surgery and I would say that pain wise I am 80% better, as long as I don't much of any thing...but my Dr. said to expect that, and that it may take years for me to heal. So already you are ahead of me in the game!!

So hang tight sweetie!! and take good care of yourself!!

((HUGS!!))

G~
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote