Old 11-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Laurie

We did try GABA some years ago when his anxiety level was very high (500mg/day) and it helped, but our doc recommended it as short term only and my son found it made him way too drowsy, even at that low dose

We have actually found Bach's Rescue Remedy (Flower remedy) to be a real help for stress and anxiety
A few drops sublingually seems to produce very quick calming
We dont use it routinely...just when really needed
It is available at most health stores

Also my son really finds the Epsom Salts baths to be extremely relaxing
I add a few drops of Lavender Oil for extra relaxation along with giving him a cup of chamomille tea

I also now grow lavender in my garden, and find putting a few leaves inside his pillow cover promotes very peaceful sleep

re Inositol and 5HTP:
as mrsD says....doseage is key there! and depends very much on individual biochemistry

my son cant take higher than 500mg per day of inositol and 50mg per night of 5HTP (also gets 100mg Vit B6 per day with these...50mg morning with the Inositol, 50mg evening with the 5HTP)

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote