View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mist, I am sure you're right!

Rachel,
First I baked up two small pie dishes of pie crust out of the mix from www.glutenevolution.com I baked them for about 20 minutes at 350 (or so).
They were golden and flakey.
I let them cool.

I two boxes of butterscoth pudding and instead of milk, I used half thai kitchen coconut milk and half rice milk (so, a total of 4 cups of those liquids).
I cooked it over the stove and put it in the fridge to cool and then started the same steps for the chocolate.

When everything had cooled somewhat, I poured them in layers and stuck in the freezer to chill quickly, then moved to fridge.

I will say, that after making it this way, I wouldn't do that same way again. It is better when you put some unflavored knox gelatin into the pudding mixes. It gives them more of a mousse consistency and more like a dream whip pie instead of just pudding on a pie crust!
LOL

I would start with about 8 teaspoons of gelatin per double batch (or 4 tsp per individual box). and I would try to dissolve that gelatin with just the rice milk on a low heat, until it dissolved, and then mix it in with the coconut milk and pudding poweder (did that make sense?)

I'll make them again with the gelatin and then I can write out exactly what I did, if that is confusing! LOL

It's a pretty layered pie.
It also works nicely to layer slices of banana across the bottom crust and use the vanilla pudding or banana or coconut pudding to make a banana cream pie.

A day to day lunch pictorial
sleepingbean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote