View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hello! It's not too bad right now.......just took my dogs (I have 4 little dogs - 3 poms and 1 chihuahua) outside to "go" and it was fine - no wind yet, though it will be heading this way later today..FUN! I'm trying to convince my little sis to come over and bring niece, since she is terrified of little storms, so the big one might be a little rough for her - I'm planning on having a dance off with Lilli, so she won't even notice the storm, it will involve her dancing A LOT and me dancing a little, but anything to keep her mind off the storm - Sorry to hear you're so tired today - try and get some good rest - that's a joke, right? I know how frustrating it is to have to lie around and try to choke down pills. Every time I am congested, I panic when I have to take my pills - I hate not being able to breathe - too scary for me, but I know I HAVE to take them, otherwise we end up back in the hospital with an IV or PICC line in us............

I know this sounds cheesy, but I wanted to run an idea by you: I was planning on having some t-shirts printed up with something like " Ask me about MG" and printing up some pamphlets about our disease. Since so little is known about our disease, I'd like to inform to general public about it - all of it - the good/bad and in between. I was also asked by my support group (in San Antonio) to write up a testimonial about MG and was wondering if you would be willing to do the same - not anything fancy, just how our disease has affected our lives.........I've also decided to be on another site here in SA to answer some questions regarding our disease. I feel so passionately about MG, yet no one seems to know much about it. There are only about 150 people in SA with this disease (out of 2 million or so people), so any information to anyone with our disease would be a good thing........Before I found this site I was MISERABLE! I was so scared all the time, and was afraid to even go to sleep, for fear I wouldn't wake up (when it was really bad), so iif it can help alleviate one person's fears, I think it would be a good thing, what do you think? I do know that without support from you and this website I would not be as happy as I have been, b/c I know I can always log on and find a kind person who is going through what I'm going through and help calm me down..........

I am so sorry about your cousin. That is such a hard thing to deal with. What happened to her? How old was she? Did she have children? I know you are tired and stressed, but please let me know if there is anything I can do when you get some time.

Sorry for writing so much........................

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Hi Erin,

hows it going over there windy?
I am totally exhausted today, its the 3rd anniversery of the death of my cousin who was like a sister to me. Me my Aunty and her daughter went up to Mums place and had lunch, then went to the cemetry, it was all very nice.
Now I just want to crawl into bed, if only I didn't have to eat to take all my tablets!!!!

How are you going?? Hope you're not too stressed over the hurricane.
take care
redtail