Thread: Bull Dog
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 06:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

BRAVO! Never give up! Never surrender! We will ALL have good days and bad days, but it will pass! MY hubby and son need me to be around, so I'll do whatever I have to on order to be here for them! If I have to go in and have a PICC line put in me monthly, so be it! I'll do whatever I have to to take care of them! Well put, Ctulin!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctulin View Post
With mestinon on board, I was able to ride around town this past weekend. There is nothing quite like it and it made me feel invigorated. I don't know if I'll be able to ride long distances again or on the dirt again, but one can hope.
I talked to Marty Dickerson (famous for racing Vincents at Bonneville, friend of Rollie Free and Burt Munro) last weekend. Last year he set a vintage record at Bonneville and rode from California to Alaska at age 80! He says with a big smile that it keeps him young and virile.
I met a man on the Al-can who didn't have the strength to lift his leg high enough to get on his H-D so he was riding a Honda Helix (fast scooter) to Alaska.
I believe that you have to do the things that give you joy. You may need to pace yourself and take rest breaks. My riding buddies have volunteered to ride with me to give me to be there if I need them. Those are good friends. There are always 3-wheelers, sidecar rigs and even the new Can-Am that would probably be safer, since they don't fall over. To give up is to surrender.