Thread: Does HRT help?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb there are natural ways

to deal with hot flashes. HRT is a really dangerous route.
Now the drug companies are scrambling to get newer lower dose versions on the market, but the fact remains:
cause heart attacks
strokes
blood clots
dementia

The drug companies kept this negative info away from doctors and patients, and in Europe the evidence mounted. The HERs study was independent and ended early due to many deaths which they could not tolerate and continue. Since then the real truth has been revealed.

I myself did no hormones. I had some sleeping problems, but they were corrected with Vitamin B12. Things like caffeine and sugar will stimulate sweating for me to this day, but I was lucky in general with few symptoms. Wearing different night
clothes or going nude at night, helped alot, as well as choosing no top sheet. You need more air circulation to minimize the sweating. I have good bone density, and my doctor is basically amazed.

Soy works for some. Just get some soy milk.
Or evening primrose and flax oil help.
Some women do black cohosh, but I didn't like it at all.
Just Google natural solutions to hot flashes and see what is out there.

Just my opinion.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (09-13-2008)