View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin,

I think your idea sounds great. Over here in Scotland there is a fairly active MG association and they have loads of information pamphlets, posters and clothes availble. I bought a hoody a couple of years ago but sadly with my weight gain it no longer fits! You might be able to get some ideas ect from their website - let me know if I can be of help (I know sometimes international shipping etc can be a pain).

I've always found people to be generally interested in MG - because I look so healthy and managed to live a fairly active life they are always surprised to find out I'm actually heavily medicated and need to constantly self-monitor! I got some pamphlets about MG from the MGA here and showed them to the people I work with and they were all full of questions etc. The pamphlets are well written too - a sort of "everymans" information pack (they speak about MG as a "rag-doll disorder). The MGA also do a bunch of fundraisers and even send people with MG into schools to speak to kids about what it's like. I think any type of information is good and everyone should be educated to the best of their ability. Maybe some won't care (of course) but who knows - you might help one person who has all the right symptoms and didn't know what was going on!

What ever you decide to do keep us posted!
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote