View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The surgeon who did my surgery was in one state. I spoke on the phone with TWO of the Denver surgeons who are recommended here, and BOTH of them told me that they believed this surgeon was wrong in what he did to me. That if THEY had done my surgery, they would have done blocks prior to the surgery. They also would have gone in thru my armpit rather than thru my clavicle. Now, I understand that the location they go in thru is a personal choice...and that's not my issue. My issue is that the surgeon TOLD ME prior to surgery that I had RSD. I had no idea that I did. ONE WEEK LATER I was scheduled for surgery. I think I posted here what he had said, and someone tried to tell me not to have the surgery if I had RSD...but by then, I was already there and under the knife...so it was too late.

One of the Denver docs also informed me he had done "several redo's" of patients who had already had surgeries by the same surgeon I had. Yet when I asked that Denver doc if he would testify to that, he hemmed and hawed around and said basically it was a "personal preference" on whether or not the blocks were done prior to surgery.

Yet when I read ANYTHING on the web having to do with surgeries on someone who has rsd, it appears to be COMMON KNOWLEDGE that this is the approach taken. I don't think my surgeon was particularly worried about it because he planned on doing my left side also, about 6 months later, and figured he would also do a sympathectomy at that time "if the issue didn't resolve after the right side surgery was done." Which, now, I know what a STUPID remark. Cuz surgery doesn't make rsd BETTER...it makes it WORSE...so that comment he made was all horsehockey! He just wanted to get more money, in my "assumption," for the sympathectomy he planned to do when I came back for the surgery on my left side for the TOS there.

Yet, insted, my RSD spread...so now I STILL have TOS on my left side....and in addition, have RSD in more places than I did before...so I'm in even worse shape...and can't do anything to hold him responsible cuz no other surgeons are willing to state that what he did was NOT generally practiced.

This just doesn't seem right.

I CAN, however, see how the periodontists and dentists, etc will all work together as a team for a patients common good. But when it comes to a situation such as that whcih I'm talking about...where the two Denver docs openly admitted to me that the surgeon I went to did me wrong...that they've redone some of his surgeries in the past and don't agree his methods are right, yet he continues to practice that way, and that he really did perform in a manner which is KNOWN to do more harm than good...yet they won't testify for me...that just doesn't sit well. That's "covering for" someone in their own field...and equal of theirs. Even though they KNOW that surgeon has done other patients BESIDES JUST ME wrong in the past. But, they do his "re-do's" so maybe it's a money thing for them, too. Who knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote