View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I also posted this in the gluten forum.

Yeah, but notice--they're still trying to maintain that only doctors and other qualified/trained personnel should be doing this, as if the posession of a medical or related degree is always a necessary (and sufficient?) prerequisite for using computer databases as a diagnostic tool. That would completely discredit what we do here--quite successfully--every day.

I always use Cara's tag line when this comes up with doctors who ought to know better (and who ought to know me better)--I don't have a medical degree, but I can read.

I've always said--most recently in a Community and Forum Feedback thread--that the hard won expertise--medical and otherwise--on these forums matches or overmatches that of any univeristy medical facility on the planet, not only because we now have access to almost any research info we care to find, but we're far more motivated to find answers than most doctors, and our ability to intergrate it coherently is also superior to many doctors caught in their own small specialty cubbyholes. (I doubt a doctor would/could have created the Gluten File, or Rose's B12 site.)
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote