Thread: Pelvic pain
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Lisa it is Interstital Cystitis. That's only one of the problems I have in that area though. But that IC is a doozy.

She's probably on Elmeron. I couldn't take it but I know several people that tried it and it did nothing for them. I have 2 friends who are sisters in their 30's and both have it. They aren't doing well with it but I firmly believe that it's something as you said you need medical help for to try and calm it down.

The new treatments now is to put meds into the bladder to heal it where the adhesions or raw places are. One is where they put the Elmeron into the bladder. Another one is they now put Lidocaine in the bladder. They taught me how to do it here at home. I was allergic to all of the other meds they tried. There are more but I can't remember them.

I was going up every week for awhile to get it done but it just made me worse then they tried the Lidocaine and it does help for awhile but again it's something you have to do about everyday or night. Mine has calmed down some and now we are dealing with this other problem.

Tell your friend to find a good Urologist. I saw 5 before I found the one I got now and he is great. He just took a kidney stone out of me last month. He runs every test on me possible to find what's going on. I see him Wed. and he wants to do two more test on me. Can't remember the name of them.

I have a friend like yours too Lisa, I talked to her last night and she believes so strongly in God that he's going to heal her without any help from Drs. and she also takes natural herbs. I've learned about those. They can effect you just like meds do and not work with certain meds also.

She has the IC and Fibro. I do believe in God but I also believe that he's put these Drs. in my life to help me.

What I am suffering from now is either scar tissue or pelvic congestion syndrome and my PCP is hoping that this Surgeon will do a laproscopy on me to find what is causing the pain I am in. I just know it's driving me nuts. When I'm at my worst I am just nuts it seems like and I don't have much relief at any given time.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote