View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Where did I say I have arrived?!!!! I struggle every day with what i can't do that I used to. but I also realize, just like everyone on this Earth, my days have a number on them, and they count down one-a-day just like everyone else. . . . and if I am going to leave my mark (hopefully a good one) on this world, then it is up to me to find a way. It is much like my training to climb mountains. . . . the mountain didn't care one way or the other if I was up there struggling, so it was up to me to be a strong and positive as I could be!

In my case, 6-12 months is normal for full recovery and control after j-pouch surgery. Since i was getting worse and losing ground approaching one year, I realized it was unlikely to get much better. I have an occasional stellar great day . . . . about 1 or 2 a month. Most are somewhat tolerable, with a good smattering of days I lose completely to pain control meds.

But being an artist, the ideas I have in my head won't ever see the light of day if I don't paint them, now, will they? What if Frida Kahlo had given up . . . or Van Gogh, or Monet, when he learned he was going blind?

Gotta admit, though, I have days I would love to just give up. But I have family and loved ones who keep me going. . . . . and a really silly cat. . . .