View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Lisa,

Jo is right sometimes surgeries done by the no. 1 Dr. in the US can turn out wrong but it was very wrong for that Dr. not to address your RSD. As for a sympethomy. I have heard that even with them the RSD can come back and be worse.

My surgery was done at the neck area and let me tell you I am so happy with where I'm at with my surgery. I fell again and messed myself up but I am still not as bad as I was before the surgery. I felt like I was 75% better after my TOS surgery.

I think on the old forum we did try to discuss Drs. but it got so out of hand it finally had to be stopped completely. It could not be discussed rationally. Some Drs. are put up on a pedestal and as I said before our trust can be displaced. I have only found that with one or two Drs. I have some great Drs. on my team now but believe me I went to at least 75 before I got the ones that stepped up to the plate and did my surgeries and followed through with good care and stuck by me.

I hate it when a Dr. does a procedure and just throws you out in the cold and leaves you as you are. They are not going to admit their mistakes though. I have only had one Dr. tell me he was sorry for the way he handled a problem. That is very rare.

They very seldom testify against each other and unfortunetely it has been made harder to sue Drs. by laws that have been past in the past 6 years. I have talked to several lawyers and they said that it is very hard for them anymore to sue a Dr. or a pharmaceutical company.

I think though in a way it's sad that we can't tell our stories on here to keep other people from going to the wrong Drs. Here in our little town Drs. have reputations that precede them. People here have a story to tell on a certain Dr. and they do. After you hear so many people tell horror stories about one Dr. then you know not to go to that one. We even have a hospital here that has such a bad reputation that people tend to go out of town. I feel like people have a right to know the truth and then make their decision.

I am an advocate for trying to get the truth out around here about certain Drs. I listen to peoples stories and I have my own story to tell and I use it to try and make other people aware.

I realize here we most likely can't do it peacefully so I know what jo is saying. Maybe people can PM you for the facts and name of the Dr.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote