View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I think he is afraid that until his meds are right that he may say or do something that may hurt my feelings. Well....done.....and forgiven.
You are raising a good boy. I'm sorry that you both have to go through this, but the meds will even him out soon and then he will be back. (Does he cycle during season changes? My son does EVERY year...)
Quote:
Now I cannot monitor that he takes his meds, she will but at her age she forgets. He will not remember to take the 4 pm meds and after a bad week will just quit taking them thinking that is the problem. They will hound him about school adding to his stress and anxiety.
Purchase a pill box (they sell them at the dollar store) that has each day of the week printed on each pill compartment. Then contact the school and see if you can drop the prefilled box off with the school nurse and have him come in each morning to take his meds. (or do it for the devilwoman....err, his grandmother) so that she can visually keep track of his medication. (they sell boxes with AM and PM compartments and you can write in the time for each one)

It hurts when they aren't at home. That 2 years without my girls was hell. Just remember that he will be home again soon.