Thread: Blew it !!!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 10:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrie View Post
Hi K.J!!! I just popped in for a minute and saw this thread! This is an amazing thread....what support!!!! I felt very emotional as I read thru it and almost started crying....I can really tell how much all these members care!! This is wonderful!
I have been where you were many times....every time something came up that I needed to attend I just could not do it and drank instead. I missed alot of school events for my kids because I just felt so out of place.....I did not go to a doctor unless I was really really ill...I did not have a pap or physical for 17 years!!!!!
I still can be a little shyish but not like before....I like to be there for others now!! I like to be there for me too!!
Do not fret over it....you are reaching our for help and that is great. You will do it!! You have did it before and you will do it again! We are all here for youBig Hugs!!!

Hi Dorrie

Glad to hear you've had a good week. It's great your hubby is 8 years sober. That takes a lot of hard work...please pass on my congrats?

I have to admit i find the support here invaluable. My first alcohol support meeting was a joke. I made the stupid assumption it would be in the city and found out too late it was miles away...2 or 3 bus rides...and i couldn't do it being agoraphobic...grrrrr!

Still, i got off drink last time with no proffessional help and stayed dry for 10 years...so i know i can do it again.

It's just that for me...staying in the day is hard coz the days are not good atm but i know i'll get there.

Much thanx for your love, support and prayers Dorrie, it means much

You are in my thoughts also.