View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am also a wc person. I got injured at work back in 2002 and went through a whole lot of crap and still am to this day. I settled out of court the day before the hearing because unlike some of you guys which I am very sorry to hear in my state, Iowa, they do have a law for lifetime coverage. I was afraid after going through a bunch of crap for four years I would lose the chance at keeping the lifetime coverage so I settled. Even though I did that I am still living a nightmare as far as Iknow they are paying my pain doc, but not for any of my meds yet or not my psych doc. I am paying out of pocket over $800 a month and not getting reimbursed for any of it yet. My attorney decided to open for review again and so I am going through another lawsuit with them and don't know how it will turn out. He also said this time we should be able to go for punitive damages this time around because of what it is doing to my family. It has put us in a situation that we are getting behind on some of our bills and we almost lost our home. I keep calling my attorney but get the same answer we are waiting for the state to set a date for the hearing. I hope this time we can really nail them to the wall because they haven't really abided by what they signed and agreed to. It was all lagit because the state commisioner signed and notorized the agreement along with my side and the other side. All I can say is hang on for a ride of your life. WC will drag you through the mud if they can so just becareful and listen and do anything your attorney tells you to do. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can also pm me if you like. I will do what it takes to help you because I have been put through the ringer and will continue to go through for a while the way it sounds. Good luck with everything!

Sincerely,
Screwballpookie
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote