View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin.

Yes, I have had lots of IVIG treatments in the past. My veins have been the target of many attacks over the years, including very aggressive chemotherapy in 1999 as well as in 2006; and of course those drugs are very hard on the veins.

I hear the PICC lines are phenomenal. However, unfortunately it isn't a viable option for me at this point. If and when it does, I'll be RUNNING to get it done!!!

The problem being now is that I, along with my veins have shrunk considerably. After being warmed and poked and poked and poked (and yes, these are nurses with 25+ years of experience)......if they do manage to find one usable, it can't be threaded, will blow...you name it, it's gone wrong with me when getting my IVIG. Even the site-rite (the vein finding machine), can't see anything.

So the question had come up in the IV room about using a smaller guage needle, and there was a 'discussion' about it. I thought I would post to the most knowledgeable forum I knew when it came to MG and see what kind of light could be shed on the subject with everybody's experience and wisdom.

PS...how often do you get IVIG?

Lydia
littlekitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote