View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 05:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry you are having to go through this......

I am so sorry you are having to go through this.......needles are probably my #1 phobia, and I haven't been through half of what you've had to go through. I have noticed that my veins are no longer "good" since the steroids. They used to be able to draw tons of blood and now they give out midway, so now I have them stick my hand......don't get me wrong, it hurts and sometimes my veins still "blow" (like they did 2 weeks ago), but for me it works most of the time............

I just wish I knew more, so I could answer your question, or that someone who does know would do so - it would be very beneficial........hint hint to everyone out there

As for my experience with IV IG - I've had 3 treatments 400mg for 5 days each time. The initial one was when I was in the ICU for a crisis (March 14), the second was right before my thymectomy April 22nd) and the 3rd was at the end of July. First they gave me plasmaphoresis (that was awful - they went through my jugular), then they "topped me off" with IV IG cuz' my eyes were giving me problems - needless to say, I have a very aggressive nuero, and I was mad as hell when I found out they were going in my neck, but I feel better NOW! Of course, I'm afraid to call my nuero b/c I'm afraid he'll stick me back in the hospital, but I know he is only doing it for my health.......

Hopefully someone who actually knows something about needle size will answer soon - when are you going in for IV IG? Everyone here has been really wonderful and helpful.........

Take care and let us all know how you are!

Erin