View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I dont have many friends either because of this infernal RSD. At first I tried to keep up with them both physically and mentally, but soon learned that I was just slowing most of them down, and did they really care anyways?

They were for the most part totally engrossed in their own selves, and didnt really care too much how they treated me, so it wasnt too long and I wasnt calling them as much. I soon learned that if I didnt make an effort they were pretty much out of my life. I also learned that I felt better not trying to please these self engrossed people, and focused on my family.

At first my family were very concerned with my situation, but soon that turned to indifference as the months and years went by. I found that I was the one that was causing them to react negatively to me. In fact they would try to avoid me at all costs, and when they felt cornered they would let me know how they felt about RSD and me. They mostly considered me a lazy good for nothing. All I wanted was for someone to understand.

That is when I realized that maybe the problem wasnt them so much as it was me. I started paying attention to what I was saying to them every time anyone was around, and realized I was the negative one. Always talking about my aches and pains, how I couldnt do the things I used to.

It soon became apparent to me that I needed a place to go to vent, and complain, and also to connect with those that understood what was going on in my world. The old saying that you wont understand until you walk a mile in others shoes caused me to realize my family really had no idea, and I didnt want them to experience my pain just to find out.

This forum was a life saver in that I could connect with those that understand, just like you have done. I found a place where people truely cared, and I also truely care about them also.

Then I tried real hard to take an interest in what was going on with them...it was a chore because the nagging pain was always trying to take my mind of my mission. It took some time for everyone to realize they didnt have to run everytime they seen me coming LOL.

You really dont need those that sap out your energies, but I do understand needing friends. Maybe cut down the amount of time you spend with these energy zapping friends.

I hope you find some balance with these problems.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (09-15-2008), kejbrew (09-15-2008), loretta jewell (09-26-2008)