View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Motivation vs chronic pain

Am I the only one who finds it really tough to get motivated when its difficult to move The meds make my mind fuzzy, the pain makes me week, any tricks in motivational ideas
Im trying to keep going forward some days its like climbing mount Everest and knowing I will never get to the top and if I let go/give up I will plunge to my demise and all the effort it took just to get to where I am now will be for nothing.
Ideas most welcome
JJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little back ground;
I’m a 48yrs old male, I have moderate to severe chronic pain everyday of my life for the past10 years,
I was diagnosed with sever stinosis in the neck, severe D.D.D
At 37 I had to have a lamanectomy from C3 to C7 inclusive, do to herniated disc that affected my spinal cord. The doctors have made it very clear that there is real nothing left to try, medically.
Presently I can not feel with my hands, no sensation, I have pain from my head to my toes. I have been on every type of pain medication and all stopped working after a while
Now I take Lyrica and and medical marijuana
(My advice to the world ,” acceptance, never give up, keep your self occupied . get physiological help, just to put things into prospective. Try to smile)
john jeffery aka JJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote