Thread: help needed
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well we went to our gripe session and stayed for the whole thing. Pastor got down to business right away skipping over the so- what- seems- to- be- the- problem part as he already knew some of that. He made it clear he and his wife came dangerously close to throwing in the marriage towel while he was studying to be a minister. He then explained the method of counsel that turned them around and he has used since to help save many other marriages.

DH and I are extremely reluctant to try counseling again. Been there, done that, sick to death of it. This method involves dredging up the past from our earliest memories to the present. DH is dead set against reliving his most painful memories. I totally understand why. On the other hand, if I understand correctly, the bulk of the time will be spent looking at how we reacted to the carp in our lives and developing healthier ways to react, not the past hurts themselves.

So now the question is do I or don't I? Do we or don't we? Go for counseling once again. We have a week to decide and it may take me that long too. Excuse me while I have a major meltdown.

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (09-16-2008), weegot5kiz (09-16-2008)