View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I really appreciate hearing from someone who has had the same thing done to their arm that I have and I hope and pray for your recovery. IF this doctors helps as much as it sound like he might, then I will be happy to give you his information and maybe you can drive to Louisville to see him. If you want I can send it too you now, just let me know. Don't know if it is any closer. We have family in Cleveland, so I know about the drive there, very long and boring.

I had the second block yesterday, I can not talk very well, my throat is extremely sore and I have some pain going down my throat and up into my jaw and ear. But my arm is NOT having the burning or the throbbing from my shoulder down into my fingers. Last weak it lasted about 2 days. I hope this one lasts longer, but my throat really hurts. The doctor told me that it probably would.

I do the scrub brush things also. It does seem to help releave some of the tighness, which I think plays a big part in pressing on the nerve and I also try to use heat, but that sometimes just irritates it more. Sometimes putting an ice pack on the back of my neck helps. It does not touch my shoulder or arm but the cooling affect not only helps loosen up my mucles but it also helps releive some of the headaches that I get.

I seen the doctor on Friday and he said we are going to do a total of 4 blocks. I go back to see him on Oct 3. I start physical therapy back up tomorrow and hopefully with the blocks and the PT then maybe if will be even better. The doctor who actually performed the block said the PT with the blocks is crucial. So, we will see what happens.

I will keep you all posted.

BTW, we are in Louisville and I am one of the people without electricity from the Hurricane IKE. Never thought we would have a Hurrican in Kentucky. They are telling us it will probably be 2 weeks before we have power back. So, I can only get on the computer at work.

Take care and I will post again soon.
TinaV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote