Thread: help needed
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I also pray you will both find a way to go. Your pastor may be on to something by bringing up the past to resolve your future. There are several things in my past that almost took Jim and I down and it was how we reacted to certain situations that caused it. I was stubborn, hard headed and refused to let any man get the upper hand. I realized that this is because as a child and young woman, so many men in my life had hurt me in many ways.

My dad abandoned us when I was only eight and that alone made me very untrustworthy of any man. I wont go into major details because it's personal but just wanted to you get an idea, that yes, your past and how you react can play a part in how you face challenges. Jim had his own issues as well in that he was raised by a father who was "The man of the house" and was the one who made all of the decisions. He was a good man but raised Jim in a very strict environment.

It was with my spiritual side that I came to know my husband as a woman and not that young child/woman that was afraid he'd take off or hurt me in some way. Of course we were young when this happened but I wanted you to see that your pastor is on to something here. We've been married for 23 years and I wouldn't change a thing. We are who we are today because of all that has happened in our lives.

I don't know your past and I am not sure if it will work for you guys but I do think it's worth the effort, if for one more time. What do you have to lose by trying?
DM (09-16-2008), Kitty (09-16-2008), weegot5kiz (09-16-2008)