View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A physician once told me that vigorous exercise and lots of water will help to flush out the body of toxins.

As you are aware, the choices you are making to help you cope with your depression and anxiety problem will only lead to more destruction.

Are you able and would you be willing to talk with a mental health professional about healthier alternatives? In addition, just speaking with someone might help to alleviate the stresses that you are feeling.

Many have said that the B vitamins and Fish Oil tablets can be calming. However, if you try vitamins without going to a doctor or a nutritionist, I would experiment with small to moderate dosages only. Melatonin is used at night by some to help with insomnia. I think 1-3 mg. is a common dosage. Often the folks who work at the health food stores are fairly good when it comes to worthwhile information. However, I think these things are really just temporary or add on treatments, especially when the problem is as great as what you have described.

If you don't have one already, ask around for a caring and experienced medical doctor who is willing to work with you and your personal needs. Since you have described many emotional issues, you might need to see a medical doctor who treats in this area, and you should probably do this right away!

If you are tempted to treat yourself with illegal substances again because your discomfort is out of control, don't hesitate to go to the ER.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 09-16-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
prettynpinkk (09-16-2008)