Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I gave up and bought a new TV.
Plus a bad thunderstorm messed up our UHS channels on the old TV.
It was 9 yrs old anyway - son wants it - still works fine just won't get channels 32 & 49 - but he has cable so should be fine for him.

Your antenna should fit - I think they are all standard size - is the little wire thing bent a bit?? or just push a little harder.
I tried 2 TVs and a new DVD/CD with digital tuner and some of them I had to work a bit to get the antenna connected.

Yes - My coupons supposedly got sent - but I never got them...
and I resent a request - they replied you got them now they are canceled.

So i sent an appeal but got no answer...

Anyway then I just bought one of the 40.00 {Venture??} converter box to see how it worked- did not like it at all.

Has a tiny remote that you have to use with it - can't use the TV remote
Is slow to get the channels and change channels
Drops the channels --when it dropped the channels the box would turn off so you would have to turn it back on and find the channel again....
Plus another power thing that you need to plug in...

We were going to wait until the "after holiday" sales to get the new TV but the thunderstorm changed that plan..

PS
When you get yours hooked up let us know how it works for you.
and tell the brand so others will know which brands work well or OK and which do not..

** the digital channels are being broadcast already - along with the analog - we are getting both.**
The digital signal does drop once in awhile but the TV will search and pick it up right away as soon as it finds it again. {takes only a few seconds and very rare}