View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face I watched this yesterday...

for the first time (I had picked up minutes of some episodes here and there surfing)..

I could only stand 2.5 episodes...it is too intense for me. So I caved and went to bed and had two nightmares!

But you know you can view these FREE at abc.com
They also give a short paragraph synopsis on the menu for them. It requires a download of some special player tho, and I chickened out. Just type in LOST in Google and click on the first pick.

It will be on Monday nights on SciFi in order, as far as I know.
I will watch next Monday...one episode a night is more my speed! LOL
I can handle strife much better that way!

I liked the two part pilot alot. But I can really do without all the conflict and bickering (it was too much like my last job for comfort! ) The photography and music and mood are very good. But the anxiety it arouses in me is considerable!
I am reminded of the very old movie...Flight of the Phoenix.
That was a classic in the same vein.

All those "secrets" like a soap! They sure do click into our voyeur mode! HEHEHEHEH
And already I see the good/bad, bad/good, good/good, bad/bad characterizations starting.
Just like most soaps.

The Wiki entry is pretty good, and doesn't spoil things:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(TV_series)
Quote:
Lost's two-part pilot episode was the most expensive in the network's history, reportedly costing between US $10 and US $14 million,[21] compared to the average cost of an hour-long pilot in 2005 of US $4 million.[22] The show, which debuted on September 22, 2004, became one of the biggest critical and commercial successes of the 2004 television season. Along with fellow new series Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, Lost helped to reverse the flagging fortunes of ABC.[23] Yet, before it had even been aired, Lloyd Braun was fired by executives at ABC's parent company, Disney, because he had greenlighted such an expensive and risky project.[17]
It has elements from "myst" the computer game! (mixed with other types of shows according to
Wiki).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (09-16-2008)