View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 03:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! Oh I remember the days!! I was diagnosed during university and looking back at photos etc I probably was suffering from occular MG throughout high school. I found that I was able to complete my work without too much trouble. I did an honours english degree so I spent a lot of time reading and typing on computers but as long as I took breaks I always finished my work on time. I had a prism fitted on my glasses for a little while, but I didn't notice much difference so I stopped wearing it. I usually just would shut one eye or wear a patch if my double vision got really bad.

I was pretty lucky that my MG was well controlled by mestinon throughout university - it's only the past two years that the mestinon has stopped helping and I've had to switch to other meds. I really hope and pray that Mestinon continues to work for you - the steriods are both a blessing and a curse, so stay off them while you can!

Good luck in school and have fun when you can! Enjoy the good days!
~Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_tani View Post
I can't believe I never knew this forum existed but am very happy to have finally found it.

I was diagnosed with Occular Myastenia in 2003 when I was 14, and it eventually developed into full Myastenia Gravis. I am currently taking Mestinon, from 6 to 8 pills a day.

I am about to start University but am very concerned with how I will keep up with the late nights of studying and long lectures when I struggled in High School. I mainly have vision problems, sore eyes, droopy eyelids, and bad sight. Is there anyone else who went through College/is going through college with MG? I just want to know how others handle it.
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote