View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink

You mean do we like play cards or cook together?? No. But they do interact to the best of their abilities. They know their names and will turn and look at me if I say it. I ask if they are hungry and they lick their lips, that means yes. If they ignore me that means no. You have to know how to read their behaviours. They like to look at television, especially golf or cartoons. And they like to look at pictures and love to look at themselves for hours in a mirror. So I have long mirrors here, some around where the floor meets the wall and some just where they like to lay in the sun.

Usually when I handle them, especially when they are very big, I use flannel baby blankets. I always have some kind of cloth between them and my skin. They had/have about 50 to 60 baby blankets and assorted towels in their favourite colours ie; Different shades of green, tan, brown, orange etc. You can't have strong, motled patterns around them or they freak out. It's an instinctual thing, it means a threat to them so everything has to be a solid colour or a very pale design.

Once I had on a long, black dresss with tiny rosebuds all over it. My male attacked me and gave me quite a bad bite. The dress went to Goodwill that next day. He couldn't even SEE me carrying it or he chased me.

BUT there are times they are very loving and sweet. Those are worth it all.

Would you ever consider getting an iguana??
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote