View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tina, I sure hope you find help with this new doctor. I would really appreciate your feedback and his name if you think he is good. I am so pleased to hear the good news about this second block you just had done. I think you have a really good shot at getting some pain relief. You are under a lot of stress right now this the loss of power so I can't imagine how you are dealing with having a block on top of the other problems.

I am scheduled to consult with a pain doctor (anesthesiologist) at IU Med Center in Indianapolis (I live close to Indy) next Tuesday, so I will let everyone know how that appointment goes. I saw a neurologist at IU Med Center about six weeks ago and he thinks I should still try the stellate ganglion block; that is how I got referred to the pain management group. I have had RSD for almost two years so I don't know if I can even get any help from a block at this point. How long has it been for you since you got RSD to when you had the block. Is it a full three years?

Oh, and you mention the headaches. Oh yes, I have those too along with the deep pressure in my arm and around the ulnar nerve that radiates from my collarbone, into my shoulder and down to my pinkie. It is miserable. I sure hope the block lasts a long time for you and that you get permanent relief. That would be so exciting.

Please let us know how you are feeling. Good luck with the clean-up after the storm. We had high winds in Indy but not too much damage. Going without power like that is so rough. Thank goodness it isn't cold. Gosh, I would die without my TV to distract me at night. Nights are the worst for me. I don't sleep well and I use TV as to distract me so I don't bug my husband with my pain and insomnia. I am hoping things get resolved for you quickly,

Coffeebean
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote