Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile how drugs affect me

Wittesea and Mrs. D:

I'm with you on the possible effects of new drugs. In fact, supersensitivity to many drugs is at the center of triggering the blood disorder I have. I've always taken half of the recommended dose of anything new I take. And I carefully consider all the positives and negatives, before I take anything new. And that includes any non-prescription chemicals/herbs. As a result, I would be the last person to abuse any drug, because most regular doses make me sick.

The odd thing is, I'm taking a take a medium range dose of Adderall. Besides helping me with the usual symptoms of lack of concentration and staying on task (not getting easily bored), the lowest dose pretty much eliminated the low to moderate level of anxiety I've always had. I never really considered myself as anxious, but others would mention it from time to time.

A few doctors seemed to think that antidepressants would help. They only made things worse. They would slow me down and make me groggy, even at the very lowest dose. They just fogged up my brain. Plus, even after telling the doc who gave me a sample of Paxil (she said it was to help with my sleep, even though I saw "r/o anxiety disorder" on my chart). Well, the sample was a full dose, and caused me to be in a drugged state. I slurred my speech, had a hard time completing my thoughts and getting them out properly, numb legs, and not to mention nearly blacking out.

As I stated before, if an addict can't get a high from one drug, they will find another. So there is something to be said for trying to make it more difficult to get high from a medication. When I was growing up, it was alcohol and marijuana. Now it's Adderall. Every generation has its drug of choice.

The testing that is required by the FDA is generally fine, but it won't and can't account for how every person will react. I have read some people's posts on how they figured out how to beat the new ADHD drug. The scary thing is, I read some posts from medical students, and what drugs they've taken to study for their medical exam. It explains a lot of things, doesn't it?

Anyways, I apologize for the length of this, but I just wanted to my situation in more detail. Every person's situation is different.

Purple Pal