View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 08:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Ohhhhhhhhhh Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ADA.
You tell Bill congratulations ok??? And good luck in bagging that Elk.

OH YUMMMMMMMMMMMM I love deer meat. As a young woman at 18, a gal a few years older than I, showed me how to prepare deer meat for cooking & then gave me her recepie for frying it. OH MY GOSH!!! It is so good. My Dad didn't really care for cooked deer meat until he let me fix him a fry pan full using the recepie this gal from Texas gave to me. He really enjoyed & even asked for me to cook him some every fall. Anyway, I miss it want to send some to me. I haven't had any deer meat to cook & eat since I moved to California. When living back in NW Iowa, my brother & cousins kept me in deer meat. And oh I love duck too.................really now. I am not down, don't get me wrong, I just really really miss that kind of meat. And Elk too???? Oh I cooked an Elk roast once & fooled my kids into thinking it was roast beef *LOL* they weren't too keen on eating 'wild' meat when little. Especially if they knew what it was ahead of time. *LOL* But oh that Elk roast was so good.

I use to cook beef liver & my kids liked it, UNTIL one evening they caught me in the act of cooking it. One look at raw liver & that was all it took *LOL* I did use to cook it for my husband at the time & myself. I am remarried now, and he hates liver. Even the smell of it cooking so I haven't had that in ages either. *sigh* the things we do give up for the loves in our life huh?
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote