View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked bought a MAC....

A couple of months ago, Microsoft sent out an update to Office 2007. I have my computer setup to get automatic updates ... so anyway the next morning i tried to use Word, but it was totally hosed. Wouldn't save, couldn't write, etc etc.

Finally I went to to the web and checked to see if there were a fix posted -
There was ... Microsoft had sent out the "update" knowing it would "break" Word. It was posted that Word would quit working and here is how to fix it... They told you to get into the Registry and make changes there to fix it. And oh by the way be careful in the Registry because you can do a lot of damage there...

i'm a former sysadmin so that wasn't a problem for me, but it sure could be for a lot of folks who aren't used to mucking around in the registry.

But on principle, that was IT for me! I'd been grumbling about Vista for some time, but for microsoft to actually send out an update that they KNEW would break Word is just inexcusable.

So I switched to a MAC. And i couldn't be happier.

Jean

PS I wrote to Mr Gates and Mr Jobs both and told them my story - told Gates he'd lost a customer forever

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (09-17-2008), tkrik (09-20-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (09-20-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (09-19-2008), who moi (09-20-2008)