Old 09-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
I have washed my keyboard under the faucet on 2 occasions {someone spilled coffee on it }
rinse it well and shake it to get the excess water out of it, then let it sit in the sun or finish drying it with a blow dryer..
it really did work for me..

but it didn't work the 3rd time - son spilled syrup on it and then left to go to work...
Just wayyy too sticky i think and then dried on - I didn't know about it until hours later when I tried to type and the keys were all sticky...

washing didn't help
took it apart and that didn't help
can't buy that kind any more either... just a look alike one, but the keys don't feel the same ..

PS - I just smelled my keyboard. just a bit dusty smelling LOL
See now I DO remember someone about 5 or 6 years ago that told me they actually swished theirs in the bathtub with dishwashing soap and warm water then hung it up in the sun to dry too. I really didn't believe him. I thought he was pulling my leg. I thought you were never supposed to get a keyboard wet. But I guess the soapy swish would get down inbetween the keys and making sure it is absolutely dry before you plug it back in again and use it.

I just can't see buying a brand new keyboard if all it needs is a cleaning.

And by the way, the first time I sniffed a keyboard of the 3 times I actually have sniffed a keyboard, it was a used, 2 years old, computer someone had given me. Perfectly good computer and keyboard, they had just needed a bigger computer for their business so I got it that way. I am a bit of a germophobe myself and wanted it CLEAN.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote