View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We have had a busy busy summer. Oh my!

First Colin: He's had a lot of summer half-day camps which have kept us both hopping. He did some rock climbing and just really loved it. I think it's pretty amazing to see my ataxic child up climbing on rocks (harness or not!) and feeling happy and confident about it! He's struggling with some tough changes though. His favorite cousin has joined the army and who knows when we'll see him next. And two of his closest friends (sisters) are moving away at the end of this week. He's just heartbroken about it.

Now me: I did a trial of Armour thyroid and had awful insomnia and other symptoms on it. My doc blew me off and I decided I would change docs as soon as summer was done and things had settled down and I went back to synthroid in the meantime. Then I started having some leg pain and called my doc (since I hadn't switched yet) only to find out that she has suddenly retired (she's younger than I am). So I saw a nurse practitioner who checked for a DVT (since I had one while pregnant) and ran some blood tests. And now I've heard nothing more from her. Sigh. So I have an appt with a new doc next month and I'm just trying to make it through until then. Very frustrating!! I hope to try Armour again and this new doc will supposedly help with that.

More in another post when I track down my blood test results that I want to ask about.

Overall, things are good. I'm loving seeing Colin do a lot of new things and I really think 9 is a great age. Soooo much easier than 8 which consisted mostly of "NO!". LOL! We actually have intelligent conversations and he's just a delight to be around!

Rachel
rachelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote