Thread: Burning feet
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Newly Joined

15 yr Member
Newly Joined

15 yr Member
Confused Burning feet

I was in an ATV accident three years ago next week. I have a brain injury and from that came one thing after another. I had to relearn to walk, talk, read, write, type, drive, still working on cooking, working on math, working on spelling again. I have horrible pain among a zillion other problems.
I used to walk for miles and miles a day, now with the burning, stabbing, pain in my feet I can't wear socks, shoes, only sandals and only for a while. I can't let anyone or anything touch my feet. I can't even sleep with a sheet touching me, I have to hike the blanket up to my knees, I have to keep my feet in ice water about 10 times a day, then put Mineral Ice on my feet at night, it helps slightly, but my feet swell all day and all night and they are cracked and at times bleed, I can't put lotion or oil on them because it is like lighter fluid and the burning worsens. I have gained over 50 pounds because I can't do the things I used to do because of the severe pain in my feet. The doctors keep giving me drugs and all the drugs do is make my brain seizures worse causing a six day headache and doing nothing at all for the pain.
What can I do? I am serious about this next comment, if I can't get the pain to go away I want my feet amputated and have prosthetic ones. I have to go places in wheel chairs at times, or not go at all. I have to keep my feet up like in a recliner at all times or it is even worse. Is there anyone out there who has this problem? I saw on TV a gal who has Erythromyalgia, she has the exact same symptoms as I do. Is there help?
jonismith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote